Udham Singh Nagar is a district of Uttarakhand located at outer foothills of the Kumaon himalayas. It was separated from Nanital district as a industrial district in oct 1995.
this district is named after Shaheed-i-Azam Sardar Udham Singh, who was an Indian revolutionary and freedom fighter best known for assassinating Michael O' Dwyer in revenge for the Jallianwala Bagh massacre in Amritsar in 1919.
It has beautiful scenery surrounded by Kumaon Himalayas on one side and Nepal on the other.
This place represent singleness among the people different cultures, religions and life styles under one place.
Pantnagar university, IIM Kashipur are prominent educational institute.
district is well connected with road, train and by Air. Air port is in Pantnagar.
1. Nanakmatta is high religious significance especially for Sikhs. It is believed that the first Sikh Guru visited here to meditate. Nanak Matta Dam is also a popular attractions of the town.
2. Rudrapur was established in the 16th century by King Rudra Chand now serve as district headquarters of Udham Singh Nagar.
3. Atariya temple is important temple here established in 200 B.C located in Rudrapur. It's 10 days fair during chaitra navratri in March is famous.
4. Drona Sagar Lake is a beautiful lake located at 3 km from kashipur bus stand. THis lake is related to famous teacher of Pandavas and kauravas of Mahabharat.
5. Pantnagar where G.B.Pant University of Agriculture & Technology is situated, the first agriculture university of India established in 1960 is located 5 km from Rudrapur.